- Remove gauze sponges from mouth 20 minutes after leaving office.
- Do not rinse vigorously as this may initiate bleeding at the site of surgery.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke anything 1 hour following extractions. Do not drink through a straw. Avoid hot, harsh or raw foods. Softer foods are strongly recommended.
- Try to drink and eat colder foods today, it will help stop the bleeding,
- Sleep with your head elevated on at least 2 pillows for the first couple of nights.
- A small amount of bleeding is natural. In case of excessive bleeding place a folded piece of gauze over the socket with firm pressure for 30 minutes. If this does not stop bleeding please call our office.
- A certain amount of swelling is normal and is to be expected. Apply an ice pack on face over area involved to prevent swelling.
- Prolonged or excessive discomfort, swelling, bleeding or fever seldom arises; however, if there is a problem you should contact the office.
- You may take 4 Advil every 4 hours with or without your pain medication. It will act as an anti-inflammatory.
Dr. Robinson’s cell phone # is (775) 232-6345. Please do not hesitate to call him with any questions.